The module VENTURE CAMPUS
(course number: 7352 L 11 ) is a business plan
seminar, aimed at Master degree students (ONLY) of
all disciplines. The course awards 12 ECTS. It provides an
introduction to all aspects of business planning including business
model development, marketing and finance. No prior knowledge in
business or economics is required. The students will present and
discuss initial business ideas, and will then form teams to work on
developing a viable business concept. Expert inputs on legal questions
as well as mentoring by staff of the chair will be provided. Finally,
all teams hand in a written business plan document and present their
plan in an all-day final panel presentation.
The seminar lasts over the course of one semester and is held every semester.
The main target group of Venture Campus are students of TU Berlin who have a strong interest in getting to know how to develop a viable business concept, how to write a business plan and how to sell their concept to a panel of potential investors. Please keep in mind that for capacity reasons we are only able to consider students who are in need of the credit points (ECTS) and who are enrolled at TU Berlin.
The seminar features a mix between input sessions with experts, interactive discussions and mentoring by faculty staff. In addition, company founders are involved for mentoring and as panel lists at the final presentations.
Sizing and Marketing|
|Organizational Structure and
|Coaching in Presentation
- successfully apply the learned knowledge for development of a new product or business concept with a focus on an ecologically and socially sustainable business model
- systematically explore and create ideas or modify existing business ideas for answering market needs
- systematically explore obstacles in building a viable business concept based on a technology
- understand different phases of a business development process
- transform new ideas into business solutions for a commercial market environment, combined with decision-making and leadership competencies
- work in multi-disciplinary teams
- present a concept to an internal audience as well as to an external panel of financiers
- reflect upon ethical and team processes.
Description of teaching and learning methods
The module features the following teaching methods:
- Input sessions by internal staff
- Interactive elements such as group discussions, plenary discussions and team presentations in the plenary
- Input sessions by external experts (incl. practitioners)
- Q&A sessions
- Mentoring sessions with internal staff
- Drop-in surgeries with internal and external experts
VENTURE CAMPUS starts with an introductory session, followed by an idea presentation (either in sales pitch or in poster format). Based on the ideas and the team requirements presented, participants group around ideas and form teams of max. 5 people. The teams are multidisciplinary.
VENTURE CAMPUS is mainly characterized by project work based on the stages of business concept creation. Project work is supported by mentors/ coaches. In addition, VENTURE CAMPUS includes applied lectures from both academics and practitioners. Towards the end of the course, the students are trained to present their business concepts. The course ends with a pitch event to a combined audience of internal staff, participants and a panel of external financiers.
1) TU Founders‘ Service (CfE)
TU Founders‘ Service offers step-by-step advice and support in
- elaborating your business idea
- writing a business plan
- applying for public funding (e.g., EXIST, StarTUp + Program)
- looking for a suitable funding
- deciding on available training
- finding partners and mentors
- building your team
- and much more...
Point of contact: Dr.
2) European KIC-initiatives (Climate-KIC and ICT-KIC)
Seminar VENTURE CAMPUS used to be a core subject for students of the European Climate-KIC. It still is part of the curriculum and compulsory for students of the ICT-KIC initiative (now masters programme “EIT Digital”)
More information: Climate-KIC and ICT-KIC 
1. General Information
2. Examination Modalities 
3. Timetable 
4. Application 
5. FAQ 
6. Guest Lecturers